Back to Top

An Interview With Rose and Vintage

9.12.16




Can you name some of your current inspirations?

I'm mostly inspired by the people around me. I study an art foundation course at Kingston University, and I can't tell you how well everyone dresses and how inspiring being around so many interesting individuals is. My fashion class is basically a compliment group where we talk about how much we love each others outfits and obsess over how well we match hahah!

Who is your favourite designer and why?
I think it's hard to choose one designer as I generally love concept over name, so tend to chop and choose between different artists' collections instead of religiously loving everything that one person creates. I loved Xiao Li's A/W 16-17 collection based on the concept of time as she really explored the idea physically through her fabric manipulation, which I found hugely inspiring.

If you had to live somewhere other than London, where would you live?
Perhaps Tokyo as it seems vibrant and fun!



What would you buy if you had £10,000 to make an outfit?
I don't really think money makes an outfit, or is necessary to spend on clothes really. Even designer pieces can be found for a fraction of the price. I think outfits come from your own style, so if I had £10,000 I would still shop the same as I do now!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully with a menswear degree, working in the fashion industry!

How has your style changed an evolved? Can you name any influences?

It's changed quite dramatically from my 60s schoolgirl wannabe days... the pattern clashing and layering has never changed though! I think I just am inspired by my setting and the people around me, and the happier I am the more adventurous I am with my clothes!



Ellie Connor-Phillips, who runs the most beautiful blog Rose and Vintage, is a student from London. She also works in a costume jewellery shop, does amazing photo shoots and runs Bloom magazine. I've been reading Ellie's blog for a good two and a half years, and she has hugely influenced my style and never fails to inspire me!

now playing: space song beach house/here you come again dolly parton/babe i'm gonna leave you led zeppelin/sixteen tons tennessee ernie ford

6 comments :

  1. she's so cool!
    dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her fashion style. Not something I could ever pull off. Great post Edie.
    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you have never heard of that brand :))) she seems so nice isoanklflasf

    Ambz Fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah same, but google her, her collections are impeccable x

      Delete