Back to Top

Accepting Yourself

30.4.15


There's something I need to address. Nobody is 100% confident in themselves. If you are, good for you, because you're everyone's goal. It really upsets me how much the media focuses on how your body looks and what you weigh, and this is rubbing off on the general public. I can say that I'm fed up with it - you are as much of a real human with super muscly arms or no thigh gap as you are with bony hips and a thigh gap. Me saying it doesn't make any difference, but it's something I'd really like to see change.

"Pretty Food"? Too many people have the impression food that keeps you slim and beautiful tastes of cardboard and has zero calories.. foods that nourish you aren't like skinny pills. Foods that keep you looking and feeling beautiful aren't jam-packed with chemicals that make it low-fat or sugar free. Those ingredients are devoid of pleasure.

It's hard to find the balance between feeling good about yourself and feeling overly confident. Likewise, feeling crap about yourself and your body is awful. don't get me wrong - I'm not 100% confident with myself. At all. But it's so important to try and be happy with yourself, or find someone else to help you.

If you're looking for something that you can escape with to give you a new perspective, yoga is perfect. Don't judge it by what you see on tv, just try it.

I've never been bullied about my weight, but I have seen other people go through it and it makes me incredibly angry. This can lead on to more physical and mental problems than you can possibly imagine. 1.6 million people in the UK suffer from eating disorders. Doesn't that make you feel sick? The fact that so many people feel so uncomfortable with themselves, they'd rather deny food, starve for weeks, risk their friendships, or die, than be who they are? Society is vicious. Please, don't get sucked in.

You are beautiful and you are worth it.



(This post is part of a little blogger series I'm taking part in called the "secret blogger project 2015" run by teen bloggers Emily , Rebekka and Charlotte. About 30 of us will be writing twice a week on selected little lifestyle topics and you can also go onto the twitter and Instagram hash tag "#secretbp2015" to have a little chat and view everyone's posts. If you would like to join or know more (we'd love to have you!)  Instagram dm @theperks0fbeingemily or if you don't have Instagram, send a quick email to  rebekkarosebeautyxo@gmail.com!)

14 comments :

  1. I really like this post Edie, this is honestly something that everyone needs to hear. such and amazing post. Xx

    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie - yours was beautiful x

      Delete
  2. Very true, so many people are blind to the fact that their 'low calorie' foods are jam packed with all sorts of horrible chemicals
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's like everyone's brainwashed :( x

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite post when I want something "low calorie" I typically just go organic cause its easier and better for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum's a bit of a health nut so basically everything in our fridge is organic! x

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh such an amazing posts when I say so many girls need to read this, I truly mean it xx

    Ambra // fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful post! I hate it when people make comments on mine and other people's weight, they don't seem to realise it does have an impact!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it makes me sick that people can be so nasty. Thank you Rebekka x

      Delete
  6. I absolutely loved this post! I completely agree with you...there's so much pressure on girls to look a certain way. We pressure each other without even realising. This has become a world full of tiny models giving the idea that all girls have to be skinny, when it doesn't have to be like that! We should be able to be happy with how we look naturally x

    Chloe

    www.chloepaigee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly! I'm glad you like it x

    ReplyDelete