Back to Top

simple rope braid

10.4.15


 To all the girls out there with hair that's at an awkward length and it doesn't grow and it's thin and gross and you can't wear it down because it's too frizzy - I feel you. Sometimes it feels great, I don't need to be like everyone else with thick and luscious long hair. But it gets a bit of a pain. Since I can't find any decent tutorials for my type of hair, here's one that should help out any of you in the same position!

All you need to do is have two sections of your hair twisted around each other, but on the section closest to the middle of your head, pick up little sections of hair each time you twist it ( that was an awful explanation, I hope you know what I mean ). You can do this as many times as you want down the side of your head, but I think it looks nicest with just two. I love how this looks with messy, wavy hair, but you could opt for curly or straight hair, which I'm sure would look nice too!











What's your go-to hairstyle?

13 comments :

  1. Your hair is so pretty! :)
    http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Edie, i think I might have to try this at some point. xx
    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should, it's really simple x

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Your hair is gorgeous too! Mines a bit longer but I still really want to try it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Aw thank you so much Rebekka! x

      Delete
  4. This looks like a lovely hair style, I suck at any type of intricate braids and stuff but this looks pretty simple..for now. I wonder how this will come out on curly hair.
    Dalal xo monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would look great. One of my friends has super curly hair and she had this style in the other day and it looked stunning x

      Delete
  5. I have fine hair yet its just wavy and frizzy and the same time. I will defo try this, btw your pictures look super cute x

    Ambra xx | fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds a lot like mine! Thank you Ambra xx

      Delete
  6. Your so pretty Edie! x Loved this hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet emily :') thank you xx

      Delete