Back to Top

carry-on essentials

17.8.14









iPhone and headphones - for music and pointless time consuming games, such as bike race, flappy bird, subway surf, bounce slime, spoon mania, the list goes on. For music I either listen to my iTunes music, or, there are these two amazing apps that are completely free. PocketTube and TubeUp let you download 15 songs each that you can listen to without any wifi and they're both completely free. Best discoveries ever.

Reading material - I am the world's biggest bookworm so this is an absolute essential for me. The book I'm reading is called The Rosie project by Graeme Simsion, and it's about a man with asperges who sends out questionnares to find himself a wife and it's hilarious. I'm also re-reading for the 4th time I think, It by Alexa Chung. It's a version of an autobiography, with her childhood idols, fashion inspirations and a whole bunch of other stuff strung together to make one of the most unique and interesting books I've read. Finally, company magazine, all clothes and lovely people.

Skin care - for when your face starts feeling like sand. Simple cleansing wipes and a light moisturiser are lifesavers on a long flight, as well as a toothbrush and toothpaste. I always feel disgusting on aeroplanes.

Lip balm - so y'all lips feel nice and fruity.

Tangle teazer - you know when you have your hair up in a bun for ages and then half way through the flight it all starts falling out and you lose all your hair pins and it's all tangled up in the hair band? Yep, that's when you wish you had one of these.

iPad - the same use as the iPhone only you can watch endless episodes of Friends and Miranda.

A little notebook and pens - the notebook is my 'blog book', which is where I write ideas for it, posts I want to do, remembering old layouts etc. The pens are all fruit scented so the book smells incredible!

Thank you for sitting through this ridiculously long blog post.

now playing: machu picchu the strokes/naive the kooks/every other freckle alt j

No comments :

Post a Comment