Back to Top

bits and bobs

18.8.15












satsuma body spray the body shop/handy gurugu hand cream lush/pomegranate lip butter korres/expert face brush real techniques/defining eye pencil beauty without cruelty/spf 60 sunscreen la roche-posay


It feels good to sit down and do a proper beauty post. The only two makeup products in here are an eyeliner pencil and a tinted lip butter ( if that even counts ). Here are some things that I always use, like constantly, and some of them I don't hear enough about so heeere.

I won't go on any more about the Lush Handy Gurugu hand cream because I've done a more in-depth review here if you scroll a bit. What I will say is it's the best hand cream I've ever tried.. yes, really. And everyone has their lip balms and this one is my favourite. Oliver Bonas never lets me down, but I never really think of it as somewhere to buy beauty bits. Welllll, think again. This subtly tints your lips, but is also super moisturising and smells divine. I've been smelling like a fruit basket with my satsuma body spray - the actual scent of the body shop. When you walk in and you smell that smell? This.

Everyone at some point has had an obsession with real techniques, but that's because the brushes are just. so. good. The expert face brush is an essential for me because I use it for powder and concealer, and if you really wanted to it could work for blush as well. And finally, a sunscreen. Before you all say SPF 60 ARE YOU CRAZY WOMAN??, no I'm not and let me explain. I always get sun burnt on my face the most, so I need a really strong spf. This works well for me, but it's run out. I got a tiny sample of this whilst in America because, let's be honest, who can afford to spend £23 on a sunscreen?

now playing: what you don't do lianne la havas/teeth white the staves/this feeling alabama shakes

18 comments :

  1. Lovely post! I really love your style of writing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Charlotte! Although I've been told I ramble on a bit haha..

    Edie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try that Korres butter! In fact I added it to my basket on the feel unique sale last night! Now just to gather up the money to buy it and the other billion things in there.. Ahaha. That hand cream does sound amazing though, you keep making me want it more and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That' such a coincidence! Oh you so so should buy it, I luuurve it :)

      Edie x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the expert face brush from real techniques I have heard nothing but good things about it and the lush hand cream as well! :)
    Nice post xx

    beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in lovee with La Roche Posay! I prefer face suncreams for my face (obvs) bc its wayyyy less sticky and stuff lul

    Ambra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only suncream I've ever had that actually smells nice

      Edie x

      Delete
  6. I love this post Edie, its full of new products that I want to try. They all look really nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post! I have to agree about the real techniques brushes, they're fab!
    Ellen x
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you can neeverrr go wrong with a bit of real techniques!

      Edie x

      Delete
  8. Ohvery cute products!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the satsuma range from the body shop!

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're photos get better by the day! I agree, I'll never spend more than £15 on sunscreen because ain't nobody got money for that when Adidas Stan smiths are screaming out your name. I have to agree, RT brushes are the bomb!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete