Back to Top

the ultimate round up

5.1.15


To follow on from my 2014 in pictures post I did the other day, I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite makeup and other random favourites of 2014.
I won't go into too much detail as there are quite a lot a few things I want to talk about..

Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner - I've been wearing eyeliner loads more recently, especially for the last six months, and this is basically a fine liner sharpie, except it's easy to get off. It's so so easy to apply so if you're starting out with makeup I couldn't urge you to go out and buy it enough.

Rimmel Wonderfull Argon Oil Mascara - This is usually worn with the supercat eyeliner, purely because it makes my eyelashes so huge. Think the North Pole, all Santa's elves could see my eyes when I wore this on Christmas Day. I definitely prefer it over Benefit's 'They're Real', which to be honest is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried.

Mac lipstick in Hug Me - During the colder months, I'd been wearing 'Peach Blossom', but after having received this recently ( thanks gran ), not a day has gone by when I haven't worn it. Not exaggerating. It's such a beautiful browny pink toned nude, and so and creamy and tastes like toffee, as all the Mac lipsticks do. Unlike my other ones, it has really good staying power and is a lustre finish, so I'll definitely stop buying the cremesheen finishes.

Bleach hair dye in Rose - this is more of a spring/summer favourite, as I'd always have some different colour in my hair, but the fabulous Maddy gave me some bottles of this stuff and I've constantly been getting pink all over my face. Must have looked like a complete idiot, bright pink and blue hair in December. 

Marshmallow fluff ( essential ) - have consumed 3-5 pots of this in the past month. 

eos Rachel Roy lip balm - in winter my lips get really chapped and dry, so while in Brick Lane I spotted this in those Box Shops ( ?! ) and figured, hey I'm in desperate need of a good lip balm and it has angel wings on it.

Origins Super Spot Remover - Worth. Every. Single. Penny. Even though it's on the pricey side, I cannot recommend this enough if you have oily, spot prone skin. It lasts for so so long as you only need to apply the tiniest dab - I've had this for 5 months and it's still not a quarter finished.

Frankie magazine - I did a separate post on this as it's just the best magazine, so if you want to know more click here.

Betty magazine - close runner up to Frankie, nicer photography I think. So far every person who's seen this in my room has picked it up and said oooh this is cool.

Maybelline Fit Me concealer - I don't have the best skin so on most days I need a good concealer. This is a great one because it's really thick and creamy and blends in nicely. The size is perfect for travelling, I used it loads in the summer which means unfortunately it's a bit orange on me now..

Victoria's Secret spray in Pure Daydream - it smells like heaven and I have been wanting this for nearly two years.. who knew Victoria's Secret didn't only do bras and pants?

Urban Decay Naked Basics palette - THANK YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDAD FOR GETTING ME THIS I LOVE YOU. The colours are crazily pigmented and I've been wearing this all the time. I have nothing else to say other than it's a god send.

now playing: arcade fire over and over

1 comment :

  1. Some lovely products here Edie! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete