Back to Top

evening skincare routine for oily and spot prone skin

7.1.15

I have oily, sensitive and spot prone skin, which is a weird and annoying combination, but I've noticed it clear up drastically because I never skip out on this holy grail skincare routine.

step one: I remove my makeup with the Garner Micellar Cleansing solution. This is perfect if you're on a budget as it's an exact dupe of Bioderma, the more expensive option. I think I'm on my third bottle??

step two: using the Simple kind to skin purifying cleansing lotion, I put a dollop ( flippin love that word ) onto a cotton pad and rub it in a bit.

step three: using the Simple spotless skin triple action face wash I massage it into my already damp skin. This is to ensure all my makeup is removed and give it a proper wash.

step four: I'll only do this two times a week as I don't think it's necessary to do it daily, but I take the St. Ives gentle apricot scrub for sensitive skin and massage it into my skin. It has a lovely fruity scent, which is from the apricot, and makes me feel like a fruit salad ( yay ).

 step five: once I've dried my face with a warm towel I apply the Simple kind to skin soothing facial toner because I've probably been lazy and left half of everything on. This is also to make sure I have a clean base before I start moisturising.

 step six: as it's extremely cold right now, and my skin's already dry as it is, I need a heavy duty moisturiser so I'll dab a tiny bit of Benefit's total moisture facial cream on my skin and blend it. This really does it's job which is why I don't like to put loads on, a little goes a long way.

step seven: I apply a small amount of the Origins Super Spot Remover on my spots and leave it overnight. It completely gets rid of them and is a miracle worker despite being on the pricey side.

No comments :

Post a Comment