Back to Top

one year old

4.12.14

Today my blog is one year old. Congratulations blog, you still look as bad as you did one year ago. I know I don't exactly have very much popularity, but I'm surprised 9,000 people are reading this. I really hope my blog can grow but thank you to all the people who take time out of their day to read it, makes me very happy.

Remembering last Christmas Eve, when I was curled up on my Grandma's couch in Yorkshire writing a lush review on my iPad to post whilst watching Friends, it gives me a really odd feeling. Back then I was still experimenting with backgrounds and headers, and it made me so happy and I'd be up until 3am designing. It's incredibly hard to explain but remembering that time makes me insanely happy and tear up a bit. I really have no idea.

September last year, I made the most embarrassing blog possibly ever. I then deleted the nav bar ( stupid ) which meant I couldn't use it anymore. Or at least I thought I couldn't because I didn't realise you could post through the blogger website. I thank myself every day for doing that because it meant I made this blog.

In December, this drawing was my header. Wow. I really loved it. Now my design is a bit more boring, but I think it makes a statement, and goes with every post because it's a minimalist theme. Maybe one day I can go back to this.

Then came Christmas and I had so many different backgrounds it's insane.

I discovered pic monkey and thought myself very professional ( jokes )

Oh, the good old times when I couldn't figure out why a white background was turning out grey. 
Now comes the time I started blogging 'seriously'. Pinks and oranges and reds everywhere, pictures of everyone and everything, editing whenever I had the chance. It was great.

Who remembers this guy ^^


My blog began to gain some more popularity, and I was meeting incredible people through it.

Here I am now. Still happier than ever, Thank you to everyone who's stuck by me. All the opportunities blogging has given me are crazy, and I am grateful every day for them. I hope to continue blogging until I'm 93 and posting about my multiple kittens and knitted pants.

No comments :

Post a Comment