Back to Top

my favourite things about christmas time

25.11.14






Before I start, this is a collab with the lovely Kate from Pink and Mint xo, or @pinkandmintxo. Her blog and instagram are incredible, and she's so lovely.

As you probably know, Lush recently brought out the classic Christmas range, yes, I have fallen in love with it all over again, and yes, I have already spent a laughable amount of money on things I will use once. I'm restricting myself to not use any of it until December, the idea is I'll be smelling lovely all through the month - did my sarcasm show through at all in that?

Some of my favourite products are:

so white bath bomb
candy mountain bubble bar
melting snowman bath melt
snow fairy shower gel
cinders bath bomb
magic wand bubble bar


fashion blogger sweatshirt - asos
snowman jumper - new look but really really old

Excuse my solemn face. Cosy jumpers are my life and soul. Is there really anything else to it? If I'm feeling a bit down, I just make myself a hot chocolate, pick up a good book and snuggle down into layers of wool and fur.


Continuing with the cosiness theme, winter wouldn't be what it is without fluffy blankets. I love watching Christmas films ( add Elf and The Grinch onto this list ) with more hot chocolate, and a blanket covered in reindeers really gets me in the Christmassy spirit.
And cosy socks help keep my feet warm in the morning when I'm grumpy as ever and mum refuses to turn the heating on. These ones are from Primark, and came in a set of two for £2.50. I had one of those spur of the moment trips after school, and went looking for something with a robin on it, and I have no regrets purchasing these.


Candlessss caaandleesss - that was supposed to be me serenading the incredible glass pot of scented wax. When it's cold and rainy outside, I love burning candles in my room and laughing at the coldness if that makes sense. During Christmas time, I tend to splurge at the Yankee Candle shop, and the candle I've been loving is their Snowflake Cookie. It's exactly like when you come downstairs and someone's made those sickly too-much-icing Christmas tree cookies. I love it.


Things are about to get a bit cheesy. Of course, the best thing about Christmas is being with my incredible family. As much as I love a candy scented shower gel, there's nothing like eating mince pies around a Christmas tree and waking up on December 25th with the people you love.

No comments :

Post a Comment