Back to Top

5 things you need for summer

11.6.15


Summer is the time where everyone can just take a deep breath. No more exams, no more stress, just sun. I know a lot of you are going on holiday soon, so to make your packing easier, read on. The key is, everything goes with everything without you having to try ( plus I've linked all my suggestions in the titles, so for lazy people like me, this is perfect ).




I know that everyone's obsessed with Triangl Bikinis at the moment, and so am I, but is there really a good reason to justify spending £90 on a bikini? I love high waisted bikinis, they're so elegant yet also edgy. Topshop always win with their bikinis. Always ( well, wasn't that dramatic ). 

Whether it's for a relaxed day of sightseeing, or worn over a bikini, a basic tee is a must and you can't go wrong. Worn with shorts and flat sandals, it makes for a lovely casual look, or dress it up with a statement necklace, mini skirt and wedges.




Every holiday I've ever been on ( to a hot place ), I've always brought with me a trusty pair of sandals, and they end up being the only shoes I wear. Again, they're very versatile, so could be worn casually with shorts and a t-shirt, or could be made to look slightly fancier with a skirt and a crop top. You won't get through the summer without some!



There are two types of people at the beach - 1. Those who tan, lie on towels looking all glamorous with a full face of makeup and reading Vogue. 2. Those who go insane at the sight of the ocean and swim as far out as they possibly can and boogie board all the way back to the beach just for fun. I'm a little bit of both, depending on my mood. Either way, you need a beach bag. Whether it's for your designer sunglasses or 5 year old wetsuit.

Number one rule in summer - NEVER leave the house without sunglasses. You will regret it, and it won't be pretty. I love tortoiseshell sunglasses at the moment, especially round frames. I've tried on a few, but small, round frames reaaalllyyy don't suit me. Guess I'll stick with borrowing my mum's because I always forget mine.

8 comments :

  1. Absolutely love this post Edie now I know what to pack if I go on holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bikini is such an amazing and quirky print, I love it! I definitely think a basic tee is a must have especially a white one, I mainly wore it whilst on holiday as it went with all my outfits.
    I really liked this post Edie :)
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with the bikini oh my daysss x

      Delete
  3. I l I've the bikini, and I don't think you can go wrong with a basic T-shirt. I love this post Edie, it's really well written xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! A basic tee is always an essential, I agree x

      Delete
  4. this is such a lovely post for summer Edie! Love that bikini!!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete