Back to Top

Beside the Sea-Side

6.4.16

My second outfit post by the sea and my first outfit post since December is here! And the sea was freezing! But what can I say? Had some nice ice-cream and took some nice photos so I can't complain. Anyway, this is a sort of 'accidental post', because I didn't have anything planned for today. I mean, the outfit is simple to say the least. I've just missed outfit posts, I used to have so so many on one page, and it's nice when one just happens itself! Let me finally stop rambling so you can actually read this.



Top - Zara
Shorts - H&M
Shoes - Birkenstocks
Sunglasses - Quay


The sudden change of weather has confused me slightly (I'm in South Africa by the way). You see, when I left England we were in that awkward stage of not knowing what the weather was. You thought in the morning, 'Ooh what a lovely day,' and then walked out of the house in a summer dress. After about 5 minutes when you're shivering at the bus stand you regret the decision to leave the house. But, I've soldiered on and finally got somewhere I can freely wear shorts and not end up with blue legs.

I've been loving these shorts recently. I went through a bit of a phase with suede (exhibit A), but never got round to buying suede shorts or a skirt, which is pretty silly because I think that's what I wanted the most. So when I saw these in H&M for £7 I had to have them. They fit like a dream, and go with literally everything. Blouse? Gotcha. T-shirt? Gotcha. Sweatshirt? Gotcha.




In terms of tops (bit of sneaky alliteration for you there), I am obsessed with this one from good ol Zara. I never usually gravitate towards ringer tees, especially with quotes or logos on the front. I generally think they're a bit mainstream, and also just not very nice to look at. But this one. This one is a different story. Can we first just talk about the grrroooovyy font? I've been loving 70's-esque fonts. You might have seen them make an appearance in my 'a new  style aesthetic' post. All in all, I very much like the red detailing and the fonts on this top, and I'll be paying more attention to ringer tees now!

ps - I'm doing free advertising for bloggers from now on! There are limited spaces, so to find out more head over to my advertising page.

now playing: panic station muse/act of the apostle god help the girl/cough syrup young the giant

18 comments :

  1. I love ringer tees like this- you look stunning! The photos are so amazing too, I love being beside the sea :) x

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, now - and thank you, that's so nice! Being by the sea is the best feeling, especially as I live in busy, smelly London haha x

      Delete
  2. These pics are so good and your style is so cute! I'm actually in love with your blog *heart eyes emoji*

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Eleanor, that's really sweet <3

      Delete
  3. The shorts are so pretty and this outfit really suits you Edie. The weather looks so nice omg.
    Katie x
    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :))))) Thank you Katie! Yes oml it's like 30 degrees x

      Delete
  4. you lucky shit, I'm so so cold right now and it has been pissing it down with rain for the past week. nevertheless, I spy a reused blog design ;) I have mixed feelings towards ringer tees (didn't even know they had a name) they're just so basic thanks to brandy melville but the way you paired it makes it less mainstream- good job
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no b, nearly summer stay strong!! YES you're a good reader, I got so sick of all the crappy minimal ones I had haha. Thank youu!! x

      Delete
  5. Your so pretty and that t-shirt is amazing!! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so so much Katie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! It makes me wish I was sitting at the beach right now instead of in my living room hoping it doesn't rain today xx
    Terica
    www.citihippie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw T'erica I cri for you :( I'm dreading going back to England, I just know I'm going to be hit with torrential rain, and then schooool.. x

      Delete
  8. I love your look Edie, mainly the sunglasses and the top! I really like this kind of font, it makes me think of Marina and the Diamonds. x

    Valérie | Queen Of Disaster

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look very pretty Edie x

    ReplyDelete