Back to Top

An Interview with Tolly Dolly Posh

20.4.16


What sort of music do you like to listen to?

It depends what I’m doing whilst listening. I always have music on when I wake-up and tidy my room etc… it’s either an acoustic playlist or somebody like Vance Joy or Roo Panes. But I also listen to lots of other things like Arcade Fire, David Bowie… even Childish Gambino if I’m really in the mood.



You believe in ‘sticking out like a sore thumb’. Has it always been easy for you to express and be yourself?

I wouldn’t say ‘I believe in’ it – as in, you have to stick out like a sore thumb… but I definitely believe in embracing it, if that’s how you feel. But no, it hasn’t always been easy… but I’ve definitely not had the usual pressures as my family have always just accepted me for who I am, and I’ve been homeschooled for a while now, which means I don’t have the usual school induced fears and concerns etc.



If you had to live in one country other than England, which country would you choose and why?

I’ve been travelling for a bit now, and I’m currently in Italy and although I do love it, I think I’d love to try and live somewhere totally different… like a big city. I think New York sounds rather exciting, so if I ever get the chance to stay/live there for a few months, I definitely want to take it!

How do you incorporate what you love and what inspires you into what you wear?

That’s an interesting question because if I do do this, I don’t think I consciously do. I think a lot of ideas and inspiring influences just sort of filter in naturally without me noticing. It’s been happening a lot more recently because I’ve started to really staple down what I like and what I don’t like. So I guess… I just roll with it.





Do you have a main ‘message’ that you put across in your blog?

I guess so… I want all my readers to come away feeling refreshed and to feel as if they can be themselves, because to me, that’s super important. We only live once, so you may as well be the best version of you that you can be; right?

What’s one genuine piece of advice for young, aspiring bloggers?

Only post something you’re 100% happy with. If you’re not sure – try again. It’s not worth it… of course a post will probably never be quite perfect, but that’s called improving. Whenever you look back on something, you’ll be able to pick out faults… so I guess the point is, to pick out as many of them as you can before you hit publish. It might seem a bit obsessive, but it will make your blogging life so much happier and more successful if you’re putting out the best possible content you can. Learn new techniques, teach yourself how to code – try out all of these new things to make everything spick and span. It’s worth it, trust me!




Tolly is a 15 year old fashion blogger , who has been running Tolly Dolly Posh since she was just 11! Her goal is to become a fashion designer - she recently launched a beautiful 70s inspired sock collection with Mooi en Lief - and to make people happy and confident in what they wear. I've been a huge fan of her blog for years, so thank you Tolly for doing this! 

11 comments :

  1. awh I love Tolly's blog! plus edie; interviewing skills are pretty impressive... cool post x

    esmemadeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Tolly until I read your post. She looks so nice! Ohh, and I love her docs! x

    Valérie | Queen Of Disaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeess they're so cute x

      Delete
    2. So happy you got to interview your favorite blogger I love the interview Eds.
      Xx Terica
      www.citihippie.com

      Delete
    3. Thank you T'erica!! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love Tolly's blog, I remember reading it when I was around 13 y/o and thinking, woah she's my age and has done so much in terms of her blog. Her style is so quirky too! Noice interviewing skills vint ;)
    dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, She looks like an amazing person. Thanks for sharing this article..!!
    Bodycon dresses online

    ReplyDelete