Back to Top

Favourite Makeup Picks

16.3.16



I try my best to stray away from typical beauty blogger posts, but sometimes I can't help it! Aaah, copper plates and mac lipsticks come to meeeee. Even though I go to school, where a full face of makeup isn't welcomed, it's nice to look presentable. So, this post is a mix of products that I've been using for weeks, months, and some even for years. It's nice to change it up a bit but to be honest, this 'routine' has stayed the same since before Christmas.


First things first, let's hide the fact that you don't get proper sleep when you're a student. If I'm in a rush, a bit of the Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer under my eyes is always the solution. After that, I'll apply a few strokes of the Bare Minerals Blush in 'Golden Gate' to my cheeks, just to add some colour. If I need to look more put together - maybe for dinner, or an outfit post - spending more time on my base with Benefit's Erase Paste does the trick. It has a heavier coverage than the collection concealer, and gives a more polished finish.



Let's talk eyebrows. If you're brave enough to scroll back into the depths of 2014, you'll notice how bad my brows are. Awful. Hideous. I didn't even know that filling in eyebrows was a thing, so me and my non-existent brows just had to get by. Then Maybelline Brow Drama came into my life. All I do is comb it through my brows to give them the shape I want, then lightly fill them in with the Sleek Brow Kit. Simple! Little things, little things.

Eyyeesss. Eyeliner is not something I wear to school, but a bit of winged liner on the weekend is what I live for. Although liquid liner is usually incredibly hard to manage, Rimmel Glameyes has such a thin tip that it's almost as easy as a felt tip liner. But it lasts even longer! As for eyeshadow, I can never go wrong with my Wet n Wild Colour Trio in 'Walking on Eggshells'. It's so natural but looks gorgeous. I follow the guidelines on the palette and, if I'm not at school, add a bit of the Mac Paint Pot in 'Chilled On Ice'.


All about the lips. I am not the kind of person who wears dark lipstick regularly. It's a bit too BAM for me. Pinks and nudes suit me the best, so I tend to stick with those. My favourite lipstick for any occasion is Mac's Peach Blossom. It's the most 'your lips but better' colour you will ever see, with some added glitter (but really really subtle). It's a cremesheen finish too, so it's extra glossy!

On a daily basis, I don't really wear much makeup. But it's so much fun getting glammed up when I have the option! Let me know if there are any beauty products you love that you think I should try.

8 comments :

  1. I need to try like half of these products. You should try the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz I'm obsessed with it.
    xx
    Terica
    www.citihippie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah I've been wanting to but it's so expensive ;((

      Edie x

      Delete
  2. I can never be bothered with makeup but when I am I never do anything toooo drastic, just a bit of brow gel, concealer and mascara. Cute pictures thooooo
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fashion look, these ones are lovely! x

    :-) | Follow me

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAC Peach Blossom is my go to lipstick for college. It's a lipstick that people can tell I'm wearing but it's not too in your face! I really need to try Erase Paste though I've heard so many good things I've just never really tried it yet xx

    Beth ~ MissCosmeticBlogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO worth the investment. I've also had it for about 6 months and have used it almost every day and it's barely gone down x

      Delete