Back to Top

how to style a suede jacket

10.5.15



shorts - tilly's

When most people think suede, they think, vintage, old people, etc etc. Me too, almost. Except when Daisy contacted me, I knew I wanted to make all of these outfits out of items I'd never worn together. For example, I would have never thought to wear this top and these shorts together, but hey, I did.

These shorts are gorgeous. I've never really bought or wore printed shorts before ( expect here ), but I saw these and thought 'yes puhleeaaseee'. They make me feel like an indie kind of person who wears circle sunglasses and hangs out in Brick Lane, and I'm fine with that!




Suede jacket - little vintage shop in LA

shoes - adidas

I think simplicity is an excellent way to go if you're looking into buying a statement jacket. Well, not statement, but you get what I mean. Whilst you might have seen it look great on someone else, they can be really hard to style properly. Which is why I've stuck to really simple outfits.

I was worried that the adidas would somehow clash, but I think they worked really well in adding a retro feel to this outfit. With the background, red and white stripey top and mom shorts, I feel proper hippy.



































jeans - h&m
shoes - nike

I'm not so sure about this one - the jeans aren't my favourite, but somehow it looked good in my head. Maybe with a different background and jeans this one could have been really lovely. Let me know what you think in the comments.

This is a collab with the fabuulooous Daisie, or Tous Dais. I have a lil wee obsession with her blog, and her post on how to style a camo jacket is almost as lovely as she is x

21 comments :

  1. All the outfits look so nice! Was so much fun doing this collab with you, hopefully we can do more in the future xxx | tousdais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the outfits! They look perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way that the Jacket suits you, i really like the first outfit. your fashion posts are my favourite Edie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Katie! the first outfit is my favourite too x

      Delete
  4. First and second outfit are my faves, I need this printed shorts in my life! I'm not too fond of the last outfit though
    Dalal xx monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither am I to be honest - thank you for the feedback :) x

      Delete
  5. I am in love and in need of those american apparel shorts! I am not that fond of the last outfit since it looks to ' layerd ' if that makes sense x

    Ambra fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense, I don't really like it either. This is what I get for trying to be 'adventurous' haha x

      Delete
  6. I swear you can literally wear anything and pull it off Edie! Stunning post lovey!

    Bec x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I really can't! The last outfit was a disaster, but thank you x

      Delete
  7. I really love the second and first outfit they are totally something I would wear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love them too :) I'm glad you liked them x

      Delete
  8. Such cute outfits gurl!! so pretty and that jacket is awesome and so unique! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lois! x

      Delete
    2. Not a problem gurl! have an awesome day xox

      Delete
  9. these are all really cute, especially love the third!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't so sure about the third, thank you though!! x

      Delete
  10. Really cute outfits! Don't forget to vote on our poll, http://affraiclana.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete