Back to Top

where i've been

7.8.18


Contrary to popular belief, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, or contracted a rare disease resulting in the loss of my fingers so I can't type anymore. I know it's such a cliche for bloggers and YouTubers to take long breaks and constantly apologise for them, which is why I'm not going to apologise for not blogging in 16 months (jesus).

The last post I did was on how to take part in fashion revolution week, and I had every intention to write a series of posts in relation to Fashion Revolution Week, but, clearly, that didn't work out. Around that time I went on a language exchange trip with school to Salamanca, and a lot changed for me. My life got very hectic and confusing and for that reason, blogging was the last thing on my mind. I've always found that if I don't blog for a month or longer, it's so hard to find the momentum and motivation to get into blogging again. There are a few reasons why I could never bring myself to blog for a while after that.
  1. I thought no one would be interested anymore! My style and interests have changed massively and I convinced myself that the small following I had wouldn't want to hear what I have to say.
  2. I knew that 16 months was a very very long time, and who would stick, around for that long?
  3. I didn't know how to get back into writing posts.
  4. I felt like I never had the time.
It feels weird to be writing again - I feel like I've forgotten how to do it. I don't even know who I'm writing for anymore. I have a friend who's borderline forcing me to get into blogging again and I thank him for that. I've been blogging since I was 10 years old and I'm now 16 and it's been a huge portion of my life and I know it would be such a shame to just leave it. Again, I know initially taking a break was the right thing for me to do, but I think I'm ready to get back into this whole blogging thing again.

I've just finished my GCSE's and I'm currently nervously awaiting August 23rd to open my results. So: I'm going into sixth form next year, which will undoubtedly be stressful. I'm determined to document the way my style progresses, and what I'm inspired by and feeling at different points in time. I'm going to try my hardest to do this for myself and stay true to myself.

For the 4 people reading this: thank you for sticking around.

14 comments :

  1. oh god edie you don't know how happy I was to see a post from you on my bloglovin feed! welcome back! v excited to see what your blog has in store (no pressure)

    dalal // dalaltahira.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edie! Welcome back! :) i think that even if you don’t blog regularly anymore, it would be really nice to see how your style is changing and it would also be nice for you in the future to have documentation of it! x

    Emma//@theemmaverse// virgingoddesscomplex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I hope you got the results you wanted and that the transition from gcses to a-levels goes well for you! Excited to see your future posts !x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hunny its joey!!!!! i just looked at blogspot after like a year and you should totally blog more. this could become an even bugger thing/ lead to big things in the future, and this blog is so interesting and unique, I hope you continue with it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and ALSO. I kinda created a blog the other day. It’s crappy and awful but idk it’s fun. It’s called ‘phychiccity.home.blog, I still remember sitting in Rosa’s room whilst you created a blogspot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oopsies I meant ‘psychiccity.home.blog’

    ReplyDelete
  7. Westhampton Real Estate | Westhampton Real Estate Agent
    Tammy Blau is a tour de force in the burgeoning real estate market west of the canal. She both owns, sells and rents westhampton real estate for sale.
    Meet Tammy
    Westhampton Real Estate | Westhampton Real Estate Agent
    https://www.tammyblau.com/
    Tammy Blau is a tour de force in the real estate world & westhampton real estate. Now aligned with Compass – the most cutting edge technology firm in the industry – her ascension continues upward, but core values will forever remain grounded … mind, body and spirit united in a singular commitment to help achieve every client’s goals. The new transition to this nationwide, luxury brokerage widens her reach, and with dual residency in Westhampton real estate, extends her business from the boroughs of New York City to the hamlets on the East End.
    Westhampton Real Estate & Westhampton Beach Homes
    Search all available Real Estate in Westhampton New York. Or click images to find homes in Westhampton Beach and surrounding area.
    Westhampton Condos
    View the westhampton condos for sale buildings below. Click any of the images to see that development.
    Westhampton Coops
    There are many great westhampton coop buildings. Click on any below for more details.
    Westhampton real estate, Westhampton Real Estate Agent, Westhampton Real Estate
    #Westhamptonrealestate, #WesthamptonRealEstateAgent, #WesthamptonRealEstate

    ReplyDelete
  8. fritly agreed you don't have to apologise. secondly its not about audience you have before. point is you will get new audience according to your new style & interest. just do what makes you happy
    Adamjee Textile Mills Pvt Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is an amazing article, especially the image! Thank you for sharing. I am an avid learner, grow my experience from nature and people. I love reading, writing, networking, and traveling from time to time. You will find my ideas at Career Cliff, Quotes Muse, Trivia and Life Simile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hire the best law firm in Pakistan to deal with your legal matters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I love your blog so much! I'm the owner of handbag store romytisa and I just want to reach out to see if you are still updating your blog? Maybe we can do a collaboration? Waiting for your reply!

    ReplyDelete