Back to Top

How To Switch to Vegan and Cruelty-Free Beauty Products

28.3.17


It's that time again. Today I'm going to be sharing some of my all time favourite vegan beauty products that I use every single day. This isn't even makeup, this is more skincare, haircare, tooth-care - basically all the necessities I use for taking care of myself and my body! It's also kind of a guide for if you're switching out all your products to be vegan. This is a great way to start and maybe be inspired by some of the products I use, so let's get right on into it!

Before I get started on sharing the products, I just wanted to let you guys know really quick about why I choose to support vegan and cruelty-free beauty brands. I do not desire or want to harm any animals in any way, from the clothes I wear to the food I eat to the products I use on my face and my body. I don't think anything is worth harming an animal for, and most of the products that you find at drugstores that a lot of people use? Tested on an animal, and I just think that's so messed up, so many animals are abused every single day, just for products, just for vain reasons! I do not want to support that at all. The second reason is for my health. A lot of the products that you can find at drugstores contain so many harmful chemicals, and those chemicals can lead to things like cancer, horrific acne, and just a bunch of other icky things. I don't feel comfortable putting that on my body, and I'd much rather use natural skincare products than something filled with chemicals. I'd rather stick to things you see in this post!

I want to put out a little disclaimer: some of these things might be a tad bit more pricey than the stuff you're using right now, but I do know a lot of cheaper alternatives than the things I'm using at the moment. I just find that these products work really well for me and I'd rather spend a little bit more money on them. But if you do have questions about other cheaper, vegan alternatives, I will gladly let you know!


Okay, I want to start off with some tooth-care! The toothpaste that I use is the Nature's Gate toothpaste, and this is filled with a bunch of amazing things for your teeth. From my personal experience it's only made my teeth feel cleaner. Just because it's vegan toothpaste it doesn't mean it's going to make your teeth feel gross! I feel like some people may think that natural toothpaste doesn't work, but, it does. It's really great, it's also non-GMO, paraben free, soy free, sulphate free, no artificial flavours or sweeteners. Yeah, just a really amazing toothpaste, definitely recommend it!

I'm pretty sure normal tooth brushes are vegan but I'd rather use eco-friendly ones, so that's why I use Humble Brush. This is made out of biodegradable bamboo, and for every toothbrush sold a child in need receives a toothbrush or alternative oral care. It's just great and eco-friendly and you're helping by buying!

For my face wash I really like to use the Salicylic Face and Body Wash from Health Skin, and this has done really amazing things for my skin, it's just such a good cleanser. I couldn't find it anywhere online, but my dermatologist gave it to me, and if you can find it I would 100% recommend it. I've been using it for almost a year and it has completely cleared up my skin. Straight after, I use the Thayers Witch Hazel and Rose Petal Toner, and this works really nicely to get any of the extra wash off my face and it smells so good!

I also like to use the Health Skin moisturiser and this is the Oil-Free Moisturiser. It's really good and it makes my skin niiiice and smooth. Also, a thing I like to do with my moisturiser is to add in some lavender oil, and this also relieves headaches and kind of just calms me down. It's so versatile, you can used lavender oil for a lot of different things. I just find that it really makes my skin nice and clear, as well. I've noticed a huge difference after using this with my moisturiser.

The next thing could be used for so many different things, but I freaking love coconut oil. I like to use it for make-up remover mostly, but it can also be used as a moisturiser, an eye cream, a bath oil, a hair treatment, even to cook your food. This is the most amazing thing ever - it gets off all your makeup. What I like to do is just take some coconut oil, rub it in my hands, get it all over my face, take a hot flannel and just rub that all off. And all my makeup's gone! Coconut oil - it's the bomb. You can get coconut oil at any supermarket, it's super easy to get and it should be relatively cheap.


A moisturiser that I've been using a lot lately and that I just absolutely love is the Sympathy For The Skin hand and body lotion from Lush. This smells like chocolate covered bananas, it's the most heavenly smell ever, and it makes my skin so moisturised and smooth. All Lush's products are amazing. Most of their stuff is vegan, some of it might not be because some of the products have beeswax. So just make sure if you're getting a product from Lush that it says Vegan - it will have a little sign on the corner of the label which is really nice.

For my body soap for when I'm in the shower, I like the Jason Rosewater Body Wash. I also use this to shave my legs, because I don't get any special shaving cream, I just find that this is moisturising enough. It works great for shaving.


For my deodorant I like to use the Lavanila Healthy Deodorant and it's in the Pure Vanilla scent. I really love this, it smells like vanilla, I use it every single morning and night, in the middle of the day, while I'm exercising, and it's really great and good for you! A lot of deodorants are honestly so bad for you, like those Dove ones. They're so harsh on your skin, and you're much better off using a natural one.

For my hair I like to use the Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender shampoo. This is also non-GMO, I really love this. And then for my conditioner I use the Alba Botanica Hawaiian Coconut Milk conditioner, and this smells so good. I just want to eat it but that would be kind of nasty.



For my perfume I like to use the Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange perfume, and all of Pacifica's products are cruelty-free and vegan. They also have face washes and a bunch of other amazing things, and they're relatively cheap. They have loads of other fragrances as well, so if this one doesn't float your boat they have so many other amazing options. 

For my lip scrub I like to use the Bubblegum Lip Scrub from Lush, and this is great. A lot people rave about this, about how amazing it is and I 100% agree - it's so good! You can eat this but I honestly feel a bit weird because it's straight up sugar. So I kind of just put it on, scrub my lips and just take it off with water.

For lip balm I like to use the Pacifica Colour Quench Lip Tint in the shade Coconut Nectar. I really like this, it's super moisturising and it doesn't have any beeswax or anything like that in it, because a lot of lip balms do like to include beeswax. So, it's not necessary, you can just get this, and it's amazing. There a lot of other really good vegan lip balms as well, so if you have any questions about that, I'll let you know in the comments.


So that's it for all of my vegan, cruelty-free make-up products. I hope you enjoyed this post and got something out of it. Maybe you can start transitioning all your products to be vegan and cruelty-free? It's super easy, and you don't have to change your diet or anything to do this. This is just going to help you health and the animals. When you buy non-vegan and cruel products, no-one's winning. The animals are dying and you're being poisoned, so why do that? 

now playing: lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken camera obscura

12 comments :

  1. first of all, this post is so long and i love long posts (!!!) This was so detailed, informative and educational which is what I admire so much about your veganism/ethical/social justice posts. I mostly only use natural skincare products as I find that it's what my skin likes most (which makes sense) I cleanse with black soap and moisturise with argan oil and vitamin e oil!

    dalal .. monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dalal! Thank you that's so nice :') Yess that's so cool x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gifting suite
    Luxe Fair founded in 2013 and with corporate headquarters in Los Angeles. LuxeFair.com luxury lifestyle magazine is one of the leading luxury information and entertainment publications, providing affluent consumers worldwide with engaging content from fashion to luxury lifestyle and travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The economic landscape of today is not only demanding but it also comes with a lot of pressure.
    Businesses are starting to see that they need to do something different and unique if they want to make an impact and grow.
    Asset Finance And Leasing is a great way for any company to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal water is Georgia pools builders company with budget friendly customs solutions based in atlanta swimming
    pool contractors near me creative design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s a common question that what is the most important thing to remember about steering a PWC? Here is a guide to learn everything about PWC

    Visit our blog here:
    What is the Most Important thing to Remember about Steering a PWC?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! It is a nice blog that you have posted. I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout of your blog. It is rare to see a great blog like this one today. You made some good points there.If you need any type of service you can visit our website vegan candles Uk

    ReplyDelete